Did you know that our skin is the largest organ of our body? Yes, it constitutes almost 16% of the body. Wouldn’t it be unfair if we take care of other organs and forget about the most significant organ? An organ that keeps our body from scattering, an organ that is suffers the most daily due to multiple exposures to pollution and other skin-harming elements daily.
Therefore, taking good care of your skin is absolutely crucial to your health in general, and your looks in particular. And one of the most effective ways of doing that is Detox. If you are not aware of it, let us introduce you to this amazing health hack.
So, What Is Detox?Detox basically refers to detoxification, and it is a process of eliminating toxic substances from a human body by physiological or medicinal means. Along with the removal of harmful substances, detoxification also involves eating healthy food.
There are a number of ways to detoxify the body. This method has been in practice for centuries now. Several references relating to detox can be found in the ancient Ayurvedic and Chinese healthcare systems. It is a well-proven way of maintaining optimum health.
But you must be wondering what does the detox for skin mean and why it is important, right? Well, it is high time we solved this equation for you once and for all.
The Process of Skin DetoxSkin detox, as the term suggests, the act of assisting the skin to eliminate the waste products from the body and help the skin become healthy. As mentioned earlier, your skin, being the largest organ, is one of the key players during detox. The skin usually undergoes detox by excreting the impurities through perspiration. That, in turn, helps the skin rebuild itself and become glowing.
And if you are confused about how to know if your body needs a skin detox or not, read on. Several symptoms can help you decide. Firstly, if your skin looks or feels dull/pale, probably there is something wrong, and you need to consider a detox. Also, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, sagging of skin, oily skin, dry skin, and sensitive skin are all signs that your skin is calling for help. Therefore, if one or more of these symptoms start bothering you, you know exactly what to do.
Tips for Detoxing SkinNow that you know when to look forward to skin detox, allow us to be a bit more generous to reveal some of the healthiest and most helpful tips to detoxify your skin. If you follow these cherry-picked tips, it won’t take long to turn the tables around for your skin. No kidding!
1. Use Mud MaskMud masks are amazingly powerful when it comes to pulling impurities out of your skin. They act in a robust way to unclog the pores, remove dead skin cells, and revitalize your skin instantly. You can use mud masks in any season, and they won’t disappoint you. Just make sure you let it sit for at least 15 minutes so that it can do its thing. After rinsing off, you will have kicked off your detox journey and gained a glowing skin already. If you don’t know which one to buy, the clay pore mask from Innisfree is a good one to try.
2. Drink Plenty of WaterWater is often considered only as something that quenches our thirst. However, water is a great detox agent and can help you kick out harmful elements from your body. In fact, if you do not drink an ample amount of water, your body can end up taxing the internal waste elimination system. Therefore, water not only helps your body getting rid of bad stuff but also hydrates your skin so that it glows like a flower. Health experts suggest that in order to keep your body in a detox state, make sure you drink half your weight the water in ounces. You can always enhance the strengths of water by adding some drops of lemon.
3. Avoid Junk FoodWe get it that avoiding junk food is really a hard nut to crack. Especially when you are addicted to it for years. Nevertheless, junk food is not suitable for your skin. No wonder why you get pimples and other skin related problems when you eat a lot of junk food. However, no need to leave the junk food all at once because this will make things difficult for you. Instead, cut it gradually. Replace junk food with fruits and veggies. And trust us, you will be amazed at how your skin looks within a month.
4. Take More TeaYes, for real. Teas are helpful in Detox, but not every tea. Herbal teas such as ginger tea, green tea, dandelion, and Chinese teas are time tested for Detox. These teas boost your body’s natural process of Detox by providing it with the requisite ingredients. Therefore, if you have decided to detox your body and enjoy a flawless skin, make sure you add herbal teas to your diet. It is suggested to have a minimum of two cups of tea daily for at least two weeks to get results.
5. Make use of Citrus SteamIf you need to do some deep cleansing, then citrus steam is the best thing at your disposal. All you have to do is take some hot water in a bowl and add some citrus oil drops. Now soak a towel in the water and cover the sides of your face with it. Finally, lie down on your belly and take the citrus steam. It is an amazingly effective way to open the clogged pores and pull the impurities out. Complete the process by the citrus cleanser, and you are good to go.
6. Sweat MoreWell, this doesn’t mean you turn on the heater and start sweating. Instead, use natural ways to sweat, such as rigorous exercises, sports, and workouts. These practices make your heartbeat fast, which gives the signal to your brain that your body needs some cooling. Hence, your sweat glands pour themselves out. This way, the sweat takes away many harmful substances with it. Make a permanent habit of playing some sport or join a gym. The more you sweat, the more your body gets detoxed, and the more your skin glows. That’s a given.
7. Employ Dry BrushDry brush is an out of the box solution that can help you a great deal in your detox drive. It is one of the easiest ways to exfoliate your skin. Dry brushes are specially made to do this job. So, whenever you are about to take a shower, brush your entire skin with a dry brush. It won’t take you more than five minutes, but the results will be long-lasting. Use gentle strokes in circular motions to efficiently remove the dead skin and reveal an incredibly glowing skin that was hiding beneath.
Nature’s Botanica Handmade soaps Neem Ubtan Chandan Rose Honey Chocolate Charcoal